Meet the MGL Avionics A-16 Audio Panel and Intercom
The MGL Avionics A-16 is a remote mount split-module audio panel and intercom consisting of the audio panel system body and external control unit (panel-mount Razor control or EFIS).
- Six independent microphone channels, each with own VOX and sensitivity settings to allow
mixed headsets. Channels can be grouped into Pilot and Passenger groups.
- Support for two COM radios, each with audio input and output and individual PTT control.
- Level control for all audio signals
- Support for two NAV radio audio inputs with individual level control.
- Two independent auxiliary audio inputs with individual level control.
- Wired stereo music input with level control – may be reassigned as two further AUX
- Auxiliary audio output (Typical use for cockpit voice recorders etc).
- Bluetooth mobile phone support to make and receive calls. Optional wired inputs for call
and hangup buttons.
- Bluetooth stereo music streaming support.
- Firmware updates via Bluetooth connection (requires PC or Laptop computer with Bluetooth
running Windows 7 or later).
- Firmware update of connected Razor control head via A16 Firmware updates
- Built in cockpit voice recorder (CVR). This device records in an “endless tape” fashion all
microphone circuits as well as both COM radio inputs. It records about 35 minutes worth of
audio. It only records active audio, not any silence so silence periods do not use up recording
time. Recording may be played back as a block via all headset outputs or it can be extracted
in digital form via the RS232 port 1 using the supplied application from MGL Avionics