FF-5 Fuel Computer
The FF-5 is a 3 1/8” sunlight readable color display instrument intended for efficient monitoring of fuel related information for single or dual fuel tanks. The FF-5 has many display configurations based on single/dual flow senders, single/dual level senders and a fuel pressure sender.
Full functionality is available with a fuel flow and level sender or only with a fuel flow sender using calculated fuel levels based on fuel usage. Differential fuel flow calculations are also supported for fuel return systems. Fuel injector systems are also supported. Standard automotive fuel level senders can be used, even with odd shaped tanks due to a comprehensive, multi-point calibration system. Most fuel flow senders can be used as the K-factor of the sender can be entered into the system for simple calibration.
In addition, the FF-5 can use the actual ground speed from a RS232 NMEA enabled GPS receiver to determine fuel range.
The FF-5 can also be interfaced via the CAN bus to an external RDAC unit (Remote Data Acquisition Unit). This allows for easier installation as the RDAC unit is normally mounted in the engine compartment.
- Advanced fuel computer with various modes of operation
- Supports single or dual fuel tanks
- The FF-5 can connect to one or two fuel flow senders, fuel level senders or fuel injectors
- The FF-5 can connect to a single fuel pressure sender
- Differential fuel flow calculations are also supported for fuel return systems
- The FF-5 has the ability to connect to a NMEA enabled RS232 GPS receiver for range based calculations. It can also accept a manually entered estimate cruising speed if a GPS is not available.
- Standard automotive fuel level senders can be used, even with odd shaped tanks due to a comprehensive, multi-point calibration system
- External RDAC interfacing via the CAN bus
- An external output activates when an alarm condition has been reached